JS Products Inc. - Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: December 22, 2016
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT IMPACT YOUR RIGHTS ABOUT HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. IF YOU LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Thank you for visiting a website or application provided by JS Products.
JS Products Inc. and its affiliates ("JSP") currently own or operate the following brands: Steelman PRO, Steelman Select TPMS, Steelman Tools, Protocol Equipment, 212 Performance Gloves, Maxilla, SpeedJaw, Illuminator, Prolock, Moab Tire Supply, Boundary, among others. These brands may be updated from time to time by JSP without notice.
These Terms are current as of the Effective Date. JSP reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. Please consult these Terms from time to time since JSP may, at any time, and without notice, revise these Terms by updating this posting.
Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the JSP Services, you are bound by these Terms and any revisions, so you should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms. Access or use of the JSP Services following any change to the Terms constitutes your agreement to those changes. If, at any time, you choose not to accept the terms of these Terms, you should not access or use the JSP Services.
You agree that you do not have any rights in the JSP Services and that JSP will have no liability to you if the JSP Services, or any portion thereof, are discontinued or your ability to access or use the JSP Services is terminated.
Table of Contents
2. Accounts and Passwords. You may establish an account to use or access certain features of the JSP Services. During the account registration process, you will be asked to select a unique password. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of your password, as applicable, and are accountable for any activity undertaken through your JSP account. By logging into the JSP Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are the customer who registered for the JSP Services; and (b) that you are using the JSP Services only for permitted purposes. You will immediately notify JSP by providing notice to JSP Customer Service at email@example.com of any unauthorized use of the password or account or any other breach of security. You agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
If you create an account, you represent and warrant that: (i) you will not select or utilize a user name of another person with intent to impersonate that person; (ii) you will not select or utilize a user name in which another person has rights, if you do not have that person's authorization to use such name; and (iii) you will not select or utilize a user name that JSP in its sole discretion deems offensive.
3. JSP Policies and Procedures for Purchases. By accessing or using the JSP Services, you agree to the various JSP policies and procedures for the purchase of the products or goods offered through the JSP Services which are made part of these Terms.
(a) Return Policies:
All returns must be accompanied by an RMA form with assigned RMA number. Please call customer service before shipping back product to request an RMA No. Items must be shipped pre-paid for evaluation. JSP will repair or replace items if they are within the warranty period and meet the warranty requirements.
JSP Services use images for display purposes only. Actual products may differ from product images displayed. Regardless of variations in products, we guarantee customer satisfaction in every order.
JSP will repair or replace items within the warranty period after inspection at our facility. An RMA must accompany all returns and may be obtained by calling customer service at 1-800-255-7011.
All products carry a one-year warranty period, except for Diagnostics Tools & Listening Devices which carry a 90 day warranty period and Hand Tools which carry a life-time warranty period. Accessories, components, fittings etc. carry a 90-day warranty period.
5. Legal Notices. JSP posts legal notices on pages of the JSP Services. The JSP Services may contain references to trademarks, copyrighted materials, technologies, products, processes and software and other proprietary rights of JSP or other parties. Except as expressly provided in Section 7 of these Terms, no license to or right in any such trademarks, copyrighted materials, technologies, products, processes, software or other proprietary rights is granted to or conferred upon you.
6. Sweepstakes and Contests; Social Media Campaigns. JSP may conduct campaigns, contests and sweepstakes through JSP's various social media channels and, as part of those campaigns, contests and sweepstakes, JSP may solicit responses and submissions from you using various popular social media mechanisms used to indicate that you are responding to JSP. By directing those responses and submissions to JSP, such responses and submissions are considered User Content (as defined in Section 8) under these Terms - and, in addition to the other obligations of Section 8 of the Terms, you agree to grant JSP a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit, modify, translate, reformat, prepare derivative works based upon, display publicly, perform publicly and otherwise exploit (including but not limited to over the Internet, broadcast television, radio or any other uses or media) such User Content, in whole or in part, including future rights that JSP (or its successors) may otherwise become entitled to that do not yet exist, as well as new uses, media, means and forms of exploitation throughout the universe exploiting current or future technology yet to be developed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
7. JSP Content. Content on the JSP Services that is provided by JSP, its employees or its licensors, including original art work, graphics, photographs, images, screen shots, text, music, digitally downloadable files, video clips, trademarks, logos, product and character names, slogans and the compilation of the foregoing ("JSP Content") is the property of JSP or its licensors and is protected in the U.S. and internationally under trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws.
You are authorized to access and use the JSP Services and related JSP Content; provided that: (a) your use of the JSP Services and JSP Content as permitted hereunder is solely for your personal, non-commercial use; (b) you will not copy, distribute or transfer any portion of the JSP Services or JSP Content on any media without JSP's prior written or electronic approval; (c) you will not alter, adapt, reverse engineer, or otherwise modify any part of the JSP Services or JSP Content other than as may be reasonably necessary to use that part of the JSP Services or JSP Content for its intended purpose; and (d) you will otherwise comply in full with these Terms.
9. Third Party Content. JSP has no control over and is not responsible and assumes no liability for: (i) any third party content contained within the JSP Services; or (ii) the applicable third parties.
10. No Infringing Use. JSP respects the intellectual property of others, and JSP expects its users to do the same. It is JSP's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at JSP's discretion, to disable or terminate users of the JSP Services who infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of JSP or other rights owners.
11. DMCA Notice. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any User Content or other JSP Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing notice to JSP Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
(a) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(b) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit JSP to locate the material;
(c) Information reasonably sufficient to permit JSP to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address;
(d) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
(e) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
(f) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with substantially all of the above requirements of this Section your DMCA notice may not be valid and JSP may not be able to remove infringing content.
You should also send your notification to the following address:
JS Products Inc.
6445 Montessouri St.
Las Vegas, NV 89113
Attention: Legal Department
12. Mobile Capabilities. The JSP Services may include certain services available via your mobile phone, including, without limitation: (a) the ability to upload to JSP websites or applications via your mobile phone; (b) the ability to receive and reply to messages and to send content and messages using text messaging or push notifications; and (c) the ability to access the JSP Services from your mobile phone ("Mobile Services"). JSP does not charge for Mobile Services unless otherwise noted; however, your carrier's normal messaging, data and other rates and fees may still apply. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Services and certain Mobile Services may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that JSP may communicate with you regarding the JSP Services and JSP's partners by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services will be communicated to JSP. You agree that in connection with the Mobile Services for which you are registered, JSP may send communications to your mobile device regarding JSP or other parties. Further, JSP may collect information related to your use of the Mobile Services. If you have registered for Mobile Services, you agree to notify JSP of any changes to your mobile number and update your account(s) through the JSP Services to reflect this change.
13. Security. You shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the JSP Services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. JSP reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve and cooperate actively with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who have participated in such violations.
14. Communications. With respect to all communications with JSP, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (a) you shall have no right to confidentiality in your communications and JSP shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) JSP shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation; and (c) JSP shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information without any consideration or accounting.
16. Binding Arbitration / Class Waiver.
(c) Payment of arbitration costs will be governed by the AAA's fee schedule, unless you are able to show that your portion will be prohibitive as compared to litigation costs, in which case JSP will pay as much of your arbitration costs as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to litigation costs. JSP also reserves the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all arbitration costs imposed by the AAA. Each party agrees to pay its own attorneys' fees and expenses unless there is a governing statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid attorneys' fees and expenses.
(d) The arbitration may be conducted in Las Vegas, NV, or, upon the plaintiff's request, in the city closest to plaintiff's location where AAA maintains an office, unless the parties agree otherwise in writing. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding on all parties subject to these Terms and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(e) For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at www.adr.org.
(f) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, to the extent the Dispute arises from:
(i) a violation of your or JSP's intellectual property rights in any manner;
(ii) any claim related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, unauthorized use or a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act; and(iii) any claim for equitable relief; then both parties agree that a party may seek injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in a state or federal court consistent with the "Governing Law" section below, and both parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. In addition to the foregoing, either party may assert an individual action in small claims court for Claims that are within the scope of such court's jurisdiction in lieu of arbitration.
(g) To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, all Disputes shall be resolved by binding confidential arbitration on an individual basis. You expressly agree that no other Disputes shall be consolidated or joined with your Dispute, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
(h) YOU AND JSP AGREE THAT THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS-ACTION BASIS OR TO UTILIZE CLASS ACTION PROCEDURES, THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND NO ARBITRATION SHALL BE JOINED WITH ANY OTHER ARBITRATION.
17. Indemnity. By using any of the JSP Services, you agree to indemnify and hold JSP, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (a) your improper use of such JSP Services; (b) any User Content provided or used by you; or (c) your violation of these Terms.
18. Warranty Disclaimer. YOUR USE OF THE JSP SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. JSP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE JSP SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. ALL JSP SERVICES INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION CONTENT, OR SYSTEM INTEGRATION. JSP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE JSP SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE OR OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE MANNER OR THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
19. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW JSP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, COSTS OR ATTORNEY'S FEES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR THE OPERATION OF THE JSP SERVICES.
20. Limited Time to Bring Your Claim / Trial by Jury. You and JSP agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the JSP Services or any JSP Content including but not limited to any Claim or Dispute must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. To the extent allowed by law, each of you and JSP waive any right to trial by jury in any Dispute.
21. Miscellaneous. Both you and JSP acknowledge and agree that no partnership is formed, and neither you nor JSP has the power or the authority to obligate or bind the other. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to: (i) such State's conflicts-of-laws principles; (ii) the 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods; or (iii) other international laws. If any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction, that provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. If JSP fails to act with respect to your breach or anyone else's breach on any occasion, JSP is not waiving its right to act with respect to future or similar breaches. These Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and JSP, and are accepted by you as a condition for your use of the JSP Services or your account. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and JSP regarding the use of the JSP Services and the JSP Content